The FEMA app lets you:
- Check off the items you have in your family’s emergency kit,
- Enter your family emergency meeting locations,
- Review safety tips on what to do before, during and after a disaster,
- View a map of shelters and disaster recovery centers across the U.S., and
- Read FEMA's latest blog posts.
FEMA has also launched a text message alert system.
- Text PREPARE to 43362 (4FEMA) to sign up to receive monthly disaster safety tips
- Text SHELTER + your ZIP code to 43362 (4FEMA) to find the nearest shelter in your area (example: shelter 12345)
(For availability of shelters and services, contact your local emergency management agency.)
- Text DRC + your ZIP code to 43362 (4FEMA) to find the nearest disaster recovery center in your area (for example, if you live in St. Helens with a Zip Code of 97051, you’d text DRC 97051).